Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Heavens for Piggies

Two weeks ago, I went to a ranch to choose the pig I would be working with for five months. It being my 7th year doing a pig in 4-H, I knew exactly what to look for whether it be structure, muscle, physique, ear notches, etc. Second pick, I was able to get the second best pig out of the 30 in the pen. A week after her being in the pen we keep our pigs, her stress levels remained an all time high and it caused her to push her insides out of her anus. We called the vet immediately, he put her to sleep, and stitched everything back up and shoved it back inside her. Everything looked good for another week, although, yesterday when going out to feed the pigs, we discovered her insides came out again. After the first $400 payment to the vet, my Dad and I agreed that we would not be willing to pay a second payment of that and so the vet decided it would be best to get her out of misery and put her to sleep. This has by far been the hardest thing for me to watch. I loved this pig and formed an awesome bond with it even though I only had it for two weeks. RIP Paisley, hope you're enjoying it up in piggy heaven! ❤️😔🐷

No comments:

Post a Comment