Monday, September 15, 2014

MY DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

As societies begin to evolve, so do the individuals inhabiting these societies. Each and every individual in the world has their own ways of learning and obtaining knowledge. Whether it be by studying for hours or just ten minutes, doing all the work or doing none, or being motivated to educate oneself or to not, its all different. A Declaration of Learning Independence should be issued to each and every student throughout the world. No one should be required to learn and study a specific way, they should be given the opportunity to educate freely and share their methods with others. My Personal Declaration of Learning Independence is to obtain the material presented by the teacher, read over the text a few times, take notes on the context, and then study the notes in order to get full absorption of the material I am provided with. I am not one who can see something and then remember it, I have to accommodate myself with the material for quite sometime and then I feel confident that I know it. Although this method of learning may seem ridiculous to some, others may find this extremely beneficial, like me. Like I stated earlier, everyone has the right to educate themselves the way they want, with no consequences. A teacher should never expect an individual to absorb material in ways that aren't beneficial or familiar to the student. What's neat about this class is that Dr. Preston allows us to learn in our own ways and even lets us share with our fellow classmates our methods and how it is beneficial to our own lifestyle. I believe if more teachers were to acknowledge how much this helps us improve as students and adapt to the new methods of teaching, they would see a big increase in the quality of work produced by their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment