Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

One of the many scholarships I will be applying to is called the Coalition Againts Breast Cancer Scholarship. This scholarship is provided for students who have either lost a relative to breast cancer or have a relative who have beat the cancer or are getting treated for the cancer. It will be given to students who portray that the drastic disease has made a positive impact on their life and has caused them to grow positively. Multiple $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students demonstrating positive growth from a difficult life experience. The number of awards given out will be determined based on the amount of funds available at the time of selection.
REQUIREMENTS: 
The students selected for this scholarship will be chosen based on a personal essay, a letter of recommendation, financial need, and academic achievement. The application may be submitted either online or through the mail, and is available here. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and the letter of recommendation must be written by someone other then a parent or relative. The essay must address the impact that having a family member with breast cancer has had on the applicant’s life, as well as the challenges and opportunities that have been presented to the applicant by this experience. 

Having my mom just recently be diagnosed with the devastating cancer, my life was flipped upside down. I lived everyday fearful of the thought of her losing the battle. With the support of my family, myself, and friends, she overcame the obstacle and BEAT BREAST CANCERS ASS. This experience has impacted my life in so many positive ways I couldn't even begin to explain. It has taught me to live everyday like it's your last, to appreciate the life you have, and to just enjoy life while too have it, and many more! 

1 comment:

  1. I am in desperation for the scholarship money because as we all know, college is extremely expensive, and along with all of my medical bills for heart surgeries etc, my family and I are going to need all the financial support we can get. I am going to apply to as many scholarships as I can so I can take a life off of my parents back and also to help myself become an independent individual!

    ReplyDelete